Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T Package
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
22Dasher is on a distinguished road

Sean,

No I'm no software engineer, I'm an engineer by trade yes but for development and design for the aerospace industry. I agree it is crazy and I'm just not getting it how or why these comapnies that makes a living at this can't crack the code where I was able to in just a few hours, yes it took a bit of trial and error to unlock the encryption but once it's unlocked there it is like heaven, The source map is also there just like a schematic for an electrical diagram of what each code does when timing and all, when relays open and close, it's all there. I'm going to play with it this week in Excell and see if maybe I can remap it thru there and rewrite the source codes and send back to the PCM and see if the truck takes the code. Hell what is worse I can do? Blow my PCM is it but if thats all I just buy another and reinstall the original codes and I'm back up and going. Excell sure would make life easy if I can pull it off. Stay Tuned literally lol for upcoming news.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
22Dasher, are you a software engineer or something by profession? That just seems crazy that you were able to do it and the dozens of engineers couldn't...

If you did do it, why not start your own company....overnight millionaire...?