View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: grey
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
ecoloqua is on a distinguished road
Default I dont want to give up on this truck..please help

ok heres what I have. 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Quad cab 4x4. Purchased 6 months ago from a Dodge Dealer. Mileage 60K. Since the day I have picked up the truck it has exhibited a "slushy" feeling which is much more pronounced the faster I go. At 75 on the freeway it is terrible.
The truck does not sway at all. The steering is very responsive and not much play. What happens is if turn the wheel from one way to the other the cab of the truck whips and keeps moving. It feels like the chassis is not tight to the body. Almost like the truck is surfing on water. I have owned several of these in the past and I know this is not normal. I really like this truck and I want to keep it and have spared no expense in trying to fix this problem. Here is what I have done so far:Alignment $80, New leaf springs $700, Rear Sway Bar $300, front steering box stabilizer $350, New Dodge updated steering kit up to 08' specs $800. Ball Joints checked ok (minimal play).
I have taken the truck to three different places and they cant find anything else wrong or worn except for the shocks. My shocks are original and are worn and need replacement. So I ordered a set of Bilsteins $350 which are on the way. Could it be the shocks?? This is all I have left to do except for the tires which are the correct load range, pressure etc. Can anyone help me please?? Anyone experience this side-to-side whip before???
Sponsored links