View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkem View Post
Well, long story short.... Took my truck out of the garage and tried out some new wax that works great.... While my truck was outside I opened the doors and as it sat in the sunlight I started to watch the white film substance actually go away.... I noted the seat looked wet and it appeared that they were turning back to it's original colour...

I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to speak to the Service Manager... I have already been informed from some other members that this is in fact SPEW.... SO I am hoping that they will be ordering the treatment so that this can be fixed... It appears that I may have some trouble with regards to this being a warranty issue however I disagree, this should in fact be covered.... So I will hopefully have some answers tomorrow....

Has anyone else that reported this had any problems with their dealer???? Or having it classified as a warranty issue.....
It appears to be a temperature controlled issue. I'd go back to the dealer on a cold day with a halogen work light in the truck. Let the truck get nice and cold sitting in the lot so the white film is good and evident and then hit (1) seat with the work light for a few minutes to simulate the sunlight warming the leather (as it did in your driveway). You should see the film dissipate. That still might not convince the dealer to do anything for you but it's another piece of evidence that points to the spue theory.

If this really is spue, there is a formula to get rid of it (in (1) treatment no less!) and the dealer is threatening to not cover it under your warranty, why don't you spend the $30 and treat the seats yourself? If it works then you're golden (and you can choose to fight the dealer over the $30 treatment cost). If it doesn't work, what have you really lost? He already thinks you've applied something to the seats anyway.