View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Wow love the black with the speckle. I gotta ask, why the thicker headgaskets? That will lower compression and reduce power. Did you mean to say thinner? Or is there some reason for reduced compression?
By dropping '09 heads onto a pre-09 block I'll be looking at a much higher compression ratio of around 11.4 and I'm planning on running 91 pump gas in addition to the nitrous shot; and a CR that high would start to tax the limits of the 91 fuel that we have available up here. By dropping the CR with a thicker head gasket to 10.7 I can still run the 91 and make good power without having to worry about detonation issues when I spray. It may be a pipe dream now, but I am also planning a D-1SC procharger (funds and soon-to-be wife permitting), so a CR of 11.4 would basically kill that dream as I'd never be able to run boost higher than 6psi without lifting the heads/blowing out a gasket/general mayhem to the rotating assembly.

There's also nowhere out here that has 93 except one chain of gas stations that have a 94 blend, but it's 15% ethanol year 'round and my mileage is bad enough as it is Not to mention the fact that I have worked a few of the company's plant out here and almost been killed twice by their people... I feel like I'm allowed to boycott them.

When I head to the track I'll probably be running a mixed tank of 91 and C16. I figure if I can have half a tank when I start the drive from Calgary I'll have 1/8 when I reach the track in Edmonton (2 1/2hrs away) then fill up a 1/8th with C16 I should be good to go.