Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
mblatz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
A member on here with a late model Hemi sent me a measurement of his stock TB bolt spacing and it was about 3.1875" square. My 2008+ 4.7L stock TB bolt spacing is about 2.75" square. So it will not bolt up.

Otherwise, they basically look identical in design as far as layout and shape, etc. The hemi TB is metal and the 4.7L TB is plastic. Obviously the HEMI one is larger bore, I think 80mm. IIRC the 4.7L TB is like 74mm. I was told the stock 2008+ 4.7L intake manifold opening was 80mm. So, theoretically, you could make some sort of adapter plate to bolt the hemi TB to the 4.7L manifold, and have as large of a TB as you could possibly have on the stock manifold. The wiring harness connector would likely need modified/changed as well, but I'm guessing it is very doable, as they are both fly by wire and I think have the same wires. So it looks like it would take an adapter plate and some minor wiring change to the connecter, and then it MIGHT work. Who knows though, it may have no signal or not respond correctly...

So, I'm abandoning this project, at least for now. I may see if it'd work down the road...just wanted to share the info, I know some were wondering the same thing.
Hey Sean, just wanted to let you know, i am currently CAD drafting a new adapter plate, and have a question for ya. Would you be able to ask your friend with the 80mm TB if there is a rubber gasket or seal, and if there is, what the inside and outside dimensions of the groove would be, so i can factor that into the design?