Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Glenn B is on a distinguished road

OP,
I think your idea of an electric fan is a good idea. I just don't know if it will give you mileage gains to justify the cost of the swap. But theoretically, it does take away a parasitic accessory from the front of the engine.
CAIs are a good idea to free up the intake tract some, but i don't know how much mileage you would realistically gain from one. I think their main claim is increased HP at 4K+ RPMs. But they do make it a bit easier for the eninge to breathe. ( I personally use on one on my vehicles)
I think the Tuner/Programmer is one of the best ideas as it gives you direct control over A/F ratios and spark tables. I have noticed good results in the past with tuners on other vehicles i have owned in the past and wouldnt hesitate to buy one for my current Ram.
I think gears could go either way..... they make it easier for the truck to get going, but i feel the elevated RPMs on the freeway may not be beneficial. But i have read where Rams have the same mileage rating regardless of factory rear gear ratio.
TB spacer i don't have experience with, but it seems a bit too easy to accomplish much realistically.
I saw headers mentioned earlier in the thread and agree with that one 100%. They make it easier for the engine to exhale all the burned gasses, and our factory manifolds look kinda restrictive.
As with all the mentioned items they are designed more for performance first and mileage second, so driving with a lead foot might net you worse long term mileage than you had prior to some of these mods. As I have read in the past the best modification for better mileage is "the Driver Mod"
I think for the most part if there was an easy several MPG to be gained on these vehicles Dodge would do this from the factory as mileage concerns are way up on their priority list. But then so are emissions and sometimes those two may not always go hand in hand.
Hope this helps.
--Glenn