Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Macfhionghuin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by readster1 View Post
your grill looks great I am starting to like that plastidip seen a few pics now I am just not sure how durable it would be against rock chips etc. I also am in the middle of blacking out my truck the first time I used the shadow paint and did my grill and badging,the grill did not hold up worth a shyt same with the lettering on the sides.the ram heads how ever still look great,I ended up redoimg my grill this weekend with color match and used a good quality platic primer,the color match is bang on and it looks awsome I hope it holds up as for the lettering it will have to wait untill it warms up a little unless any one knows a good easy way to remove them? The only chrome left on my truck is the tail pipes.I think next weekend I will try vht ont the tail lights and third break light.
I've had the Plasti-Dip on my grill and rims since last fall.They've gone through the winter here just fine,no chips or scratches.I like the plasti -dip better than paint since its reversable,just peel it off.I used black BBQ paint on the tailpipes to black them out.....Rob
2011 Ram 1500 CC Sport 4X4,

Mods..CAI,14" Magnaflow,color matched tonneau cover,BedRug,debadged,b-piller decal removed,Egr Bug-deflector,Plasti-dip wheels and grill,short antenna,Custom grill tailgate and steering wheel badges,painted calipers& engine cover,Mopar slush mats

Last edited by Macfhionghuin; 02-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.