Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Macfhionghuin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by readster1 View Post
your grill looks great I am starting to like that plastidip seen a few pics now I am just not sure how durable it would be against rock chips etc. I also am in the middle of blacking out my truck the first time I used the shadow paint and did my grill and badging,the grill did not hold up worth a shyt same with the lettering on the sides.the ram heads how ever still look great,I ended up redoimg my grill this weekend with color match and used a good quality platic primer,the color match is bang on and it looks awsome I hope it holds up as for the lettering it will have to wait untill it warms up a little unless any one knows a good easy way to remove them? The only chrome left on my truck is the tail pipes.I think next weekend I will try vht ont the tail lights and third break light.
I've had the Plasti-Dip on my grill and rims since last fall.They've gone through the winter here just fine,no chips or scratches.I like the plasti -dip better than paint since its reversable,just peel it off.I used black BBQ paint on the tailpipes to black them out.....Rob

Mods..CAI,14" Magnaflow,color matched tonneau cover,BedRug,debadged,b-piller decal removed,Egr Bug-deflector,Plasti-dip wheels and grill,short antenna,Custom grill tailgate and steering wheel badges,painted calipers& engine cover,Mopar slush mats

Last edited by Macfhionghuin; 02-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.