View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

I don't think Chrysler is going to re-introduce the Ram Van, they made them for so many years and at a point the price wasn't reasonable. Dodge did make the best vans in my opinion, they are very durable and were one of the first to have a van that was of a unibody design, Ford to this date still uses the old body on chassis, GM however uses the unibody. For one thing Dodge ditched the "American" style van for this Euro crap! They probably won't go back to the Ram Van because between gas prices and everything like that it's not economical to buy one, even for companies it's just not kosher. Honestly I would love for Chrysler to bring back the American van. I actually take some offense to Chrysler who was an American company, how can a company call themselves American if they are going to ditch an American icon for some Euro Junk, which by the way is junk the sprinter vans have so many faults and they are less aerodynamic and are not as safe as the Ram Vans, not that the Ram Van was safe to begin with but think of a shoe box on it's side lol...

Anyway's yea in a nut shell Chrysler saw a drop in sales of the Vans and they decided to pull back. Only thing is the drop of sales happened when the Oil Prices started to sky rocket, many people were and still are dumping then gas guzzler for some ricer.

Shameful part is that the demand for Van's has increased dramatically since then, for many reasons. Many people are loosing their homes and are either going to live out of a vehicle or will need to move somewhere, if you have a large family or even a small one a van is very useful, it's practically a universal vehicle. Also with people out of work they are now starting their own services (business) and that would generally require a large vehicle. Also with the vacation market, a conversion van is much more comfortable then any SUV that I have seen, the van is larger and in most cases will get better gas mileage then a big SUV.

Van's other then to carry people and things can certainly tow a massive amount of weight, mine up to 7900 Lbs. Newer ones are beyond that!

GM is going to make some money off their vans because Ford is now going to the Euro style with that Transit thing a ma jig. Chevy is to American I think to go to Euro Style but I don't fallow Chevy's so I don't know.

But of all companies the Americans are going Euro and the Euros are going American! WTH