View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

It's pretty bad. Varies by topic too. I am in the construction industry and I was the only one of all my friends that had a job upon graduating. Construction is really bad right now, probably more so than any other field, and even more so in FL. Most of my friends had to go out of state to find jobs, only a few found jobs in state. My other friends are all mechanical engineers and chemical engineers for the most part and didn't have much trouble finding jobs (I'd assume at that level that there's high demand and not much to pick from lol).

It seems like the labor forces are hit the hardest, so those without any education are having the hardest time. I don't mean this to be derogatory in any way, I feel that if you work hard then you work hard, doesn't matter if you went to school, but fact is the labor force has the most people to pool from and the demand has dwindled to about nothing right now. It's a shame that this is going on, really sad.

It does seem that things have reached rock bottom though, and are beginning to slowly turn around...

Good luck with the job search...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.