View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Rep:13
snkmug is on a distinguished road

got my console installed in my 12 express yesterday. Install went great, just made my own harness and connected into the rear overhead light wiring for the rear light. You do have to run a constant power to the map lights, so they will turn on and off without the key or inside lamp being lit. I just ran a power and ground to the homelink and it works, but I left the lin bus wiring disconnected, until I can figure out where the wiring goes. In my 12 I dont have a white/green striped wire in the green plug on the side of the dash. My wires are twisted and white/orange. There are two sets of them in the green plug that are not being used. I was told the lin bus wire controls the lighting of the homelink switch and makes it dim when you turn on the lighting. If anyone has knowledge of how to connect this lin bus wiring and can research where it goes that would be great. Apstram has helped alot with the install, and has been great at answering questions, but there is not a lot of info on the 12's. I did find out when you install the evic, you still lose the horn and power to the steering wheel switches, so it has to be re-wired like the 11's. I will let everyone know about adding the radio switch sales code to control the evic once I get it done, since you can already control the cluster from the wheel of the 12 trucks. I dont think I will need it though....