View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
NMBowtie is on a distinguished road

I swapped mine. You need the door, the bin that goes with the door, the metal striker for the latch, and some screws. I found all the parts to do mine at a local wrecking yard and ended up paying about $30 for the pieces (but I bought a bunch of other stuff too).

There is one screw holding the cubby in place (drop the lower glove box and you will see it toward the back) and the rest is spring clips around the front that pop out. The door then slips up into place. It is kind of tough to wiggle it back in where it goes since the hinges are somewhat "goosenecked" and slip up behind the top of the dash. The screw holes are there for the hinge, so it attaches easy. The cubby that goes with the covered glove box then pops in with the spring clips and the same screw that held the original cubby. The latch striker then attaches at the bottom with two screws into existing holes.

Pretty easy swap overall, took probably 15 minutes. The only thing I haven't done with mine is wire up the light in the upper glove box. I didn't see a harness tucked in the dash anywhere, so I will probably splice into the wiring for the 12v power receptacle.