View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
what changed motorwise with the new 4.7's? I know with hemi's it was the vvt and the new designed heads..
Different cams, heads (port design and chamber design I believe), changed to 2 plugs per cylinder, different intake and exhaust manifolds, different (larger) TB.

they are dimensionally identical in nearly every way, but most parts don't interchange...kind of weird/neat.

For example, the intake I used was for a 2007 and older 4.7L, says it won't fit the 2008 + but it fit on my truck. Also the 180 tstat I put in this weekend was listed for 2007 and older 4.7L, says it won't fit the 2008 + but it worked fine in my truck...

The new 4.7L is pretty much an OHC version of the last hemi...even the combustion chambers are nearly hemispherical just like the last hemi, it's just where the valve actuation comes from that is different.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.