View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdado7 View Post
Ok guys here is update on my tranny for not shifting into third and fourth gear or overdrive.
I went on friday and order all part that i need to overhaul my tranny but guy told me not to do overhaul until i change valve body parts.
So i went and got 3/4 acumulator,3/4 acumulator spring,shift sensor, speed sensor,6 quarts of oil,Filter gaskets,
Drop the pan let oil come out. Took valve body out and replace 3/4 plastic acumulator with 3/4 aluminum one,extra seals on it.took of old shift sensor (OD sensor) and replaced with new one.
Put all togheter add oil,than went and got engine oil and filter replace that while under a van. Speed sensor also cause old one was not showing properly.
Drove around for 2 hours van shifting perfectly all speeds even overdrive u can feel when operating.
BUT...
Monday morning i start going to work at 5:30 am and my tranny wont shift into third gear unit i push gas pedal all the way down.
Like on 45 MPH in second gear my engine u got feeling blow his brain out. Than i push gas pedal all the way down until i get around 5000 RPMS and tranny will shift like there is no tommorow.
I stop and check fluids in PARKING showing me a add so i add a half of quart on it and drove little than check again. Still showing me ADD,So far i ADD 6 quarts of oil and half a pint of SeaFoam, Do i need more oil or something else is wrong.
Also when i place in NEUTRAL my deepstick not showing oil at all.
Anyone knows answer let me know

If you had problems you could have just emailed me back.
Be sure you torque the pan bolts to 13 ft-lbs! The bolts loosen over time to due the expanding and contracting of the aluminum bell housing. Yes if their is no oil on the dip stick when in neutral after the vehicle has warmed up then you're going to have to add fluid, the fluid acts as hydraulic fluid that builds up with pressure behind pistons to apply pressure to clutch packs, if you have no oil then no worky!

While you're at it try adjusting the throttle valve cable, it's possible it's to short causing late shifts and slipping. If you still have a 2-3 shift issue then it's going to be an internal leak.