View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Yes, I had no problems with it. I used it for a day in and out of the vehicle with no issues. (other than the PB not downloading) Hopefully I will hear back on that issue soon.
The SW versions are:
Firmware 2.2.1
Kernal 2.6.32.9
Baseband T839UVKA5
----------------------------------------------------------
Now here's mymoment.
I just noticed (or actually got the "doh" moment) that the module that I tested with was a 2012 module which I had bought for some other features that I wanted. So I had to back up. I tested with my original module that was in the vehicle and also had the service update applied to it.
Seems to be strange because I thought that I had tested this same phone for another person last year and had no issues at all. (but sometimes the memory gets a little foggy). So I am pleased to say that with the 2011 module that has the update performed on it, that the Sidekick works perfectly, including PB download. In fact as I am writing this post, I am also on a test call which has been running now for 12:37 minutes and counting.
I was able to use the voice commands to place the call, which means that the PB did download. I also had Uconnect read off my contact list.
Are you sure that you don't want to perform the update yourself? It is rather easy to do, I can give you the link to where I have it on Medifire and the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Ram View Post
I took the truck to my dealer last Saturday, and they don't do Saturday service, just oil changes. I am going to have to drop it off and leave it over night to get the update done. Thank you xsdbs for going thru all of this. So your friends phone, did it constantly connect and disconnect?