View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Rep:10
snuffynra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowyer View Post
Sounds like you got a lemon or the dealer doesn't know what they are doing. Have them buy it back under the lemon law. This happens every once in a while and that is why the lemon law exists. Last I checked Ford has had more truck recalls than the other two manufacturers combined when it comes to their motors. And that is within the past 15 years, so not because they have been "building trucks longer".
Why did ford not have to be bailed out? Because they HAD more municiple contracts than the other two companies. Which vehicles were the most common? Crown Vic, Taurus, and Super Duty...very few F-150's. In recent years highway patrols have bought chargers for the HEMI because they outperform the other full size vehicles by leaps and bounds, the same applies to the Ram. Look around and see how many new government vehicles there are with the blue oval on them and you'll see where I'm going with this...

Which vehicles has the military relied on?
Jeep, Ram PowerWagon, and Hummer.

I think I'll stick with the RAM. End of rant.
not sure if i would let what the government buys influence what i buy, you do remember that the government bailed out dodge? but if we were to use facts like that, then i would ask why the f 150 has been the best selling pick up for 30 years straight, and its not the cheapest like the ram? also i might be confused but dont think the hummer is a dodge product? im all for the dodge being the best, i have a new one sitting in my driveway, but as of right now (first 2 months) im not very happy with it...just being honest.