Vehicle: 2011 ram cc slt
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Hunter green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
Bistre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'll agree that new things usually have some kinks. I wouldn't say the eco boost has major issues. There are issues with every engine out there, even the hemi. You can also google HEMI shudder and find all kinds of problems with hemi and mds. The fact is, the ecoboost so far has not had major issues (no more than any other "good" engine).

And there's certainly nothing wrong with a v6 turbo in a light duty pickup truck. If there is, then someone better make a call to RAM engineering and let them know the 6 cylinder turbo cummings engines need to be halted IMMEDIATELY!!!

That v6 turbo ford engine produces more torque than the hemi at every rpm (IIRC....going from memory).

I would still buy the dodge, it's a better truck, but you shouldn't just say something sucks just because you don't like a brand. If you just don't like it then fine, but there are not "major" issues with that engine, and a v6 turbo in a truck is proving to be suitable.
Ok man i seriously have to call you out on this.... The cummins is an inline 6 cylinder diesel engine.... Inline engines produce more low end torque regardless and to compare that engine to the ecoboost is like comparing king kong to a marmoset... The cummins is a far better engine than ford has in their hd trucks. Why else would they put it in their commercial duty vehicles