Old 03-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

I traded my 2010 2500 crew cab HD 4wd with 5.7 hemi down to a 2012 1500 quad cab Express 4wd with the 5.7 hemi. For me it was a good trade, I needed better all around mileage and the 2500 was a gas hog compared to the Express I am driving now. I drive the same amount with this truck and same places with same applications except I have not towed with this one yet. ( I know it is capable of towing 10k plus of weight ) I notice alot less cash going from my pocket into the fuel tank. For me the trade was an easy and affordable one. I dont tow big loads, alot of highway miles since Maine is one of those states where everyone and everything is 50 miles apart instead of town stacked upon town etc... I ended up with under 28k for the truck after incentives and Veterans discount that my dealer offers of 500.00 off.
They were hurting for used trucks, since alot of people buy used these days, and mine was already being test driven before I even left the parking lot with my new truck.
I guess it comes down to what type of application you need, work, play, combination of both, etc...
Just my .02 cents. Good luck with your choice. FYI I am very pleased with my Express.

Last edited by jacksonsnorth; 03-09-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: paragraph screw up