Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Blueline41 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like your steering may indeed be a bit tight, but I don't think that's what's causing your "slushy" feeling. Even if your minor steering inputs are being exaggerated by over-tight steering, I can't fathom how or why that would cause the loose feeling you're describing.

My first thought when I read your original posts was the suspension was crapped out, but with those Bilsteins on there and no change, it obviously wasn't the source of the problem. If you've had the suspension looked at, and they didn't see anything wrong with any of your stab bars, or sway bars...then it really is a bit of a mystery. I would've thought surely one of those would have been loose or something.

It sounds like a problem I had in an Altima I had a while back. The rear crossmember was faulty, and had basically almost come loose - and it caused a side-to-side swaying feeling, almost like the rock of a boat on choppy water. Found out it was a recall item, and had it replaced, which fixed the problem instantly.

Wish I had more of a firm answer for you, but I'd definitely get a second (or third...fourth) opinion on that. Just my .02