View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 464 View Post
I have the cat back also and it is a perfect fit, top of the line system. My question to the OP and anyone with the Y pipe is about the welding process. The stock pipe is stainless, the Y pipe is stainless, what filler metal and type of welding process( mig, tig etc..) is used on the Y pipe and is any addition stainless pipe needed? I've never seen this part of the install addressed. Thanks for any help.
I really cannot answer your question with any detail.

My exhaust guy installed mine at his shop and - as the pictures I posted portray - he welded everything on. I've had past issues with "bolt it on in your driveway over the weekend" catback systems so all my exhaust for the last few years have been welded on inside an exhaust shop.

I can find out the details if you really want to know. Just takes a quick phone call.

Reply in this thread and I'll answer here also.

Grub out!