View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

There's several things to consider IMO.

I'll say first of all, just about any new truck is a pretty good truck (even ford, chevy, nissan, toyota) even though I would never buy some of them and I "hate" them lol. Vehicles now a days have great quality and all perform well.

Sounds like you'll be looking at trucks about 5 years old give or take with your price range.

The hemi blows the 5.4L away both torque and hp. It also gets better mpg and is equally reliable. If you want a really strong engine I'd shy away from the ford 4.6L v8 in the ford and also the 4.7L v8 in the dodge(unless it's a 2008 and newer 4.7L, although that still may be "weak" for you, depends what you want). I will say that I have the newer 4.7L in my quad cab, and my father in law has the 5.4L three valve head in his late model F150 ext cab, and mine can pull just as much(although not rated for it) and is faster.

Both the fords and dodges have great transmissions during those years.

Both have good differentials, I will say that I think most if not all the fords had LSD, where many dodge's did not. Also though, with that "new" differential ford came out with they had many issues with them.

The dodge's are more comfortable and roomy inside. Also have larger brakes.

The rest is mostly opinion, appearance, options, etc...

The dodge is a much better value.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 03-12-2012 at 04:55 PM.