View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

I am in Athens greece and have been here for the last couple of months and have been driving around Athens and surrounding areas for the last month or so. Coming from England I am used to driving in Europe. I think some of you might enjoy the experience as it is quite liberating compared to driving in the States. I am driving a little Fiat van which might have top speed of about 90, on the freeway I travel about 70 to 80 mph and try stay in the inside lane as much as possible as all sorts of cars, vans, motor bikes will pass travailing maybe in excess or up to 110 mph or more this includes little smart cars that will pass maybe at 95. City travel is just as fast as the conditions allow motor bike pass at will between cars maybe 10 t0 15 mph faster than the flow of traffic this includes the motor bike police who generally ride 2 to a bike which seems to be the mode of police patrol. The speed limits are not closely observed by anyone, this may see dangerous but what it does is teach you to be aware of all traffic and what is happening all the time and lane discipling is essential. Driving in the states to me can be more nerve racking because lane discipline is not observed very much and their is a lot this is my space and you are not going to encroach attitude .Where I would overtake in Greece even with an under powered car I do not attempt in the states because generally the attitude of most drivers.