View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysfd View Post
Even though mine is a 2500 and doesnt have the dual setup like your 1500 would ya still recommend the headers and system like you suggested? I tow almost everyday with this thing and really cant have it really loud like my diesels were.
I would suggest switching out the stock muffler with something that flows better like one from Magnaflow. They have more tone to them and aren't as loud as the Super 44's, i think for your use an 18" Magnaflow would be your best bet. There really isn't a whole lot of drone inside the cab from MDS, and while there is more of an exhaust note from the back it's not something that you'll get mad about a month later. Most people who have them stated that when cruising on the highway you don't even notice it, and with the radio going at "normal levels" you don't here a thing. As far as headers go that's up to you. JBA hasn't released a dyno yet for their Shorty Cat4ward headers for the 4th Gen RAM, but they usually run about $525 depending on the site. Last dyno they ran was for an 06 Ram and they gained 15HP on the 5.7L. Compared to the stock "Log" Manifolds on these motors its a great purchase if you don't want the more high performance long tubes from America Racing for about $1500. If you search the Z you'll find a lot of posts about it so if your not sure read around and think about it before you pull the trigger on it.