View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Oh okay, I never seen a transmission cooler, what does it look like? I know their are two condenser looking things that are mounted in front of the radiator, and one of them have two hoses coming from the transmission. Would that be it? if so, what could I do to eliminate this issue?

The water pump is fairly new, but it could be going out do to all the components not working properly allowing over heating issues!! That is actually a NAPA part, I heard NAPA auto parts are the best....

And also to clarify, the water pump does have plastic blades, Chrysler doesn't make them with steel, so you are correct my friend...
I honestly don't know if you have an external cooler, your best bet is to get under the truck and trace the cooler lines from the transmission.
As for the water pump, Napa sell great parts but statistically when you produce a number of products you're going to run into a couple bad ones not that yours is but...