View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Absolutely! I don't doubt that at all, the only thing I can do is take if off and inspect it!

Now for the transmission cooler, there is two hoses coming from the trans, up to the front of the radiator, going into a black mesh looking condenser thing. It's two individual pieces mounted to the radiator....

Could I clean it, to dislodge anything that could be clogged? Or am I gonna have to purchase a new one? those things are 150 bucks, and up! Maybe I can get one from the junkyard....
Sounds like you do have an external cooler, it's possible their is air in the cooling system. That or the block is clogged but I don't think it would be, it's rare and it takes alot of time and neglect to let the cooling system get to that point.

Try taking the radiator cap off and turn the vehicle on with the heater on max and squeeze the top radiator hose and then add some coolant and let the engine reach temp. This usually does the trick when you have to purge air. Alot of time their isn't enough coolant surrounding the thermostat for it to open.