View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Final ratio will be the same either way, but choose whatever you want, you asked so I'm just giving advice. If there's no difference on the track, then why would you purposely choose the option that is less streetable?

That's what's

Actually, the setup with smaller tires will be faster because the tires will be smaller which means they are lighter.

The 4.10's with the smaller tires to give the same final ratio that you would go with by having 4.56's will be better performing when run side by side. Also, 3.55's with tiny tires to give the same ratio as those above would be better performing again(as long as you can keep traction, but most likely it wouldn't be an issue with slicks, especially if you use 4wd).

I agree to go with the best option.

If you want to "upgrade" to hit a certain rpm at the gates without spending a lot of money then just change the tire size. You'd run faster with 3.55's and small tires.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 03-26-2012 at 12:05 AM.