Thread: CAI Evaluation
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

No dyno results here, but I'll go you one better...Every mod added to my Ram has resulted in reduced times at the track.
I have 200+ time slips over a two year span that range from 15.3's (stock) to 14.5's (intake,exhaust,tuner only) down to my best at 13.8's on DR's.
No internals, turbos, supercharger, or spray, stock motor right down to the cast iron exhaust manifolds.

I can make a dozen passes at the local track for $25 and take all day to do it,
Dyno pulls cost $100 a shot ( for 2 runs) and only measure from 3500-5600 rpm in 3rd gear.

Call it snake oil if you want, but if you add up all the little 10ths you can cut with minor "supporting" mods and tweaks you CAN end up shaving a second....or more.
Also, mechanical advantages such as gear reductions, smaller sticky tires, and torque converters
make a LOT more of a difference on the road and at the track, BUT that only shows up on a track slip, not on a Dyno graph.

Headers are going on next, then 4.56's
I'm heading for mid-low 13's in my 5300 pound 4x4 snake oil brick real soon LOL!

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 03-26-2012 at 11:54 AM.