View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:338
TransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1977 View Post
I don't want to sound like a total girl, but what do I need to look for with this noise? I tow a horse trailer every weekend. Are there certain build dates that are effected with this TC issue? I have a 2011 that I've had for 6months now.
No particular date codes. The noise is usually heard at light cruise, maybe 45-50 mph, with the trans in ERS "5". This disables MDS and allows full converter clutch lockup (the noise only happens in full lockup). The noise has been described as sounding like a Frisbee sliding across concrete, which is as accurate a description as I've seen. If you don't hear such a noise, then you're OK. If you can hear it, then you need to decide whether it's enough of a problem (annoying enough) to justify getting the converter replaced. This is only a noise issue (not a durability problem), so if it doesn't bother you, it's OK to just leave it alone.