View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1999-2001 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-valve Diesel I6 230hp 450lb/ft (manual), 215hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
zmantopdog is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 Dodge 3500 diesel problems

Would like to say hi to everybody on here before i start telling you the problems with my dually. My name is Terry, i'm from Ft Worth, Texas, so hi everybody! OK, here's my story & hope somebody can give me an idea of what is going on. I bought this dodge 2001 3500 diesel dually a few months ago. I hadn't even driven it 45miles when the oil pressure appeared to be dropping & then jumping high, & then dropping to almost 0 again. So I had to get it towed home, when i start it up now, the pressure stays between 40 & 100, when i give it gas the pressure starts going up fast & then will settle back down to a little over 40. & then on top of that, the ABS & Brake lights flash once at start up & then just stay on, & when you put it in drive, it'll go forward but is trying to stick just a little with the brakes. If anybody out here can give me an idea of what these problems are, I would be very thankful. Once again, hi everybody & look to hearing from you...
Sponsored links