View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:274
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramskull View Post
I have found an 05 srt 10 viper motor, tranny and rearend. What would I need for the install. Will all bolt up or need new motor mounts, tranny cross member?
Ahh...you want to do an SRT-10 swap. This has been done with a 2002, so it can be done with a 2003 (the prototype was built on a 2003 for the car show). The Dana 60 will bolt in, but did you get a reg cab set or quad cab set? Makes a difference on where the springs attach. Reg cab SRT's are pre-lowered from the factory, so the spring perches are under it like a leaf sprung car, plus they have special leaf springs. The quad cab SRT's mount on top like a regular 1500. You will need a custom driveshaft, length depending on whether you got an automatic or manual trans (again, auto=QC, stick=RC). If you go to do this, let me know, as I have a brand new transmission slide yoke in the box for one of these trucks, it'll save you some $$ when you go to get the custom driveshaft you WILL need. Engine mounts will be slightly different, but once you have the right mounts they should bolt the to the ember no problem, same with the transmission (48RE or T56). Hope you found a full harness to go with it. Highly recommend beefing the suspension with the SRT springs and brakes, since the brakes on the SRT axle will be bigger than your stock fronts. The rear brakes on a Ram SRT-10 are bigger 2 piston calipers than the stock 1500 front brakes. The fronts on the 05-06 SRT's are 4 piston calipers on 15" rotors. I have all of these and they are farking HUGE and they WORK.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people