Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I too went with the Belltech kit. I love the look of the truck,

But it definitely has its issues. 1. the asle shifts to the passenger side by well over an inch. this adds extra side to side stress to the suspension, which is very noticable when you hit a bump in a corner it causes some weird side to side movement as the suspension cycles up and down as well as being pushed side ways sue to the track bar not being in the correct location.
2.I did not get the end link in my kit either, 963SP. so the sway bar end links hang way low and adds extra stiffness to the rear end. you can see here how low the end links are.

3. not much load capacity to the rear end. i took a trip from Tennessee to Ohio with the family, so there was 5 of us in the truck along with 5 suit cases and a cooler on the bed and it didnt take much of a bump on the highway to cause it to bottom out. and it when it does, its harsh! also went to the hardware store the other day and hauled 2 4x8 sheets of 5/8 plywood and 9 8ft 2x4s and it sat on the bump stops, guess i will be installing air bag helpers soon.
here the bump stop is bottomed out with just a small pay load of lumber.

guess i too will be trying to contact Adam to get my end links. still looking at the fix for the track bar. and i am not happy at how easy the rear end bottoms out on the bump stops.
over all not a bad kit, but still has some issues that need addressed.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20

Last edited by Ramfd; 03-29-2012 at 01:43 AM.