View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I would wait until your next oil change & either mention it or if your dealer has a reason for visit form, write it down on the sheet & mention it
Ask the Service Writer to see what they can do for you, they may need to consult the Service Department Manager & that person may have to check with the people at RAM.
If you are told right off the bat, that because it is plastic, it is going to cost you $ X, contact RAM directly, preferably by Snail mail & politely explain to them along with pictures & ask them for their advice.
Always be civil & try to even smile when trying to work out warranty issues, believe me, it goes a long way. A pleasant customer sometimes gets things done that are truly outside of the print on the warranty, there is GREY area & sometimes they are willing to enter it when someone is acting like a friend

Good Luck

Ramtrucks Contact info
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfserv...ucks/index.jsp

By the way, if you contact them at Customer Assistance, you can ask for a BUILD SHEET, you will need your Mileage & VIN # when you ask for it, it has nothing to do with the warranty, but i am sure glad that i have it. It is a 3 page listing of everything about your Particular Ram. It is a great reference tool & it is FREE
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 03-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.