View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Well, I hope both of you are done with this. This went from a simple query about a common annoyance to two idiots having a childish fight on what is otherwise a VERY friendly forum.

Jay, I'm glad to see a nice import car that goes fast and probably still sounds like a lawnmower, remember you're on a MOPAR forum here; and johnny's right, sort of. To adjust the valve height on the HEMIs, you need to replace the valve entierly (and put in longer/shorter if you can find them) or raise the valve by shimming the valve at the beehive as you can't adjust the height from the hydraulic rollers: especially the ones with the dual internal springs and oil-engaged MDS. You could try replacing the camshaft as well since that would change your valve cycle and could change the overall seating to the cylinder head which could possibly stop any valve ticking. but if you weren't getting proper valve seating you'd have more indicators that an annoying tick.

I'm gonna look into the EGR valve hose thing since I haven't heard of this before but sounds plausible.

Last edited by CdnoilRAM; 08-24-2009 at 01:32 AM.