View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
Tommycat is on a distinguished road
Default Swap from 4.7 to 5.7

I wasn't sure which forum to put this under, but I figured it may be something some non-Hemi guys would want to know about.

So I started off and was planning on fixing my 4.7, but when I opened her up I found the following

Fixable, but to me not worth it, because at the end of the day I would still have an engine no better than when I first got this truck.

So, the next step was today:

Today was supposed to be the day I shoehorned in the 5.7 as well, however for some reason a shadetree mechanic with all hand tools is able to get a motor out of a vehicle in 4 hours, but the professional shop with someone who is paid to remove the motor needs 48 hours to do it.
So, here it is.

My next update will probably be next week as, well... I don't have a lot of time to work on the truck.

Of course if I have put this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

A couple of things for those planning the swap:
The vehicle is an 04 Dodge Ram 1500, and the engine I am putting in is out of an 05. I am swapping the engine, wiring harness, and computer. As things come up, of course(as they probably will) I'll have to swap more. For ease of access to the wiring harness for swapping, I went ahead and pulled the engine and trans together.

Last edited by Tommycat; 03-31-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored links