Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
micar71 is on a distinguished road

Ethanol is good as a cleaning agent. Other than that, it's $hit. It dries the hell out of anything rubber. It attracts water if it sets for period of time (you live in a high humidity environment - correct?), which leads to a whole lot of problems.

When I'm too lazy to drive to the marina to get fuel for the boat (somewhat of a pain in the butt to get octane free fuel), I fill up at the local pump with the lowest octane available and then I drop in some StarTron Fuel Enzyme.

For me, I believe the .10 cents difference would make a difference. Me personally, I would run it because ethanol robs miles. Think about it this way: Hey Sean!!! Have I got a deal for you! I've got some of the GOOD ethanol free fuel to run in your beloved Ram and I'll PAY YOU .10 cents a gallon.

But then again, I swear she feels better when nothing caustic is running through her system. I put my head up against her, she lets me know she's happy to not only see me, but she's happy that I feed her well. She shows me by running around with no problems, her tail end breaks free and is all over the place when I give her a power scratch and she even gives a good stretch and a leg kick when I scratch her belly..... Oh, wait. I'm talking about my dog.