Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
Tommycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiLonestar View Post
Best choice of year to switch to for programming.
That was part of the reasoning behind going with the 05. Though nearly any vin code D would work, however some places don't pay attention when you say you need a VIN code D Hemi. I was going to go with an 04 so I could know it would work with my truck, but 04 and 05 are similar enough that the wiring harnesses should work well. I don't think I'll have the problems the 02 guys had where I would need the wiring harness and body wiring to get it working(or figuring out other internal wiring). Fortunately for me, I had the 4 plug computer anyway, so no TCM. I know the 04 could have either the 4 plug or 3 plug with separate TCM.

I am thinking that I may have to redo the lines for the AC, and possibly get a new radiator. Though admittedly I am half tempted to do that anyway as radiators are relatively cheap and I live in Phoenix, AZ where temps get up to 120-125(on occasion upwards of 130, which the news never reports accurately, but the anually calibrated thermometer doesn't lie). Last thing I want is an overheating engine. Obviously hoses as well, but that's a given.

If this works out well, next project is stuffing a hemi in my girlfriend's sebring Just kidding... Gonna go for the V10

Last edited by Tommycat; 03-31-2012 at 03:59 PM.