View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:86
SnoopyIsMyHero will become famous soon enough

The OP clarified that he wanted to turn it off while tooling around property\park\midway. Dunno about you, but I don't wear my seatbelt moving my truck from one side of the yard to the other...just sayin'

I'm a big fan of seat belts, airbags and helmets (have ridden since I was 8). Hit a Tundra a few years back broadside at 65mph - Neon vs 1/2 ton truck. Not pretty. Split the Tundra in half behind the bed, one rear wheel ended up the back seat with the kids. Actually, the Neon fared better than the truck, it only (!) had $9500 in damage and I was able to drive it out of the middle of the road. The back half of the Tundra ended up in a dumpster - literally - on the property he was trying to pull into when he crossed the yellow line while texting. The family was all belted in, both airbags deployed. I bruised my knee and had mild burns on my forearms and nose from the airbag. My wife broke her foot from bracing against the floor. My son had some nasty raspberries from the belt on his shoulder and hits. My daughter didn't have a scratch. The other driver wasn't belted in and was ejected from the truck. He died at the scene. Just food for thought...