View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyIsMyHero View Post
The OP clarified that he wanted to turn it off while tooling around property\park\midway. Dunno about you, but I don't wear my seatbelt moving my truck from one side of the yard to the other...just sayin'

I'm a big fan of seat belts, airbags and helmets (have ridden since I was 8). Hit a Tundra a few years back broadside at 65mph - Neon vs 1/2 ton truck. Not pretty. Split the Tundra in half behind the bed, one rear wheel ended up the back seat with the kids. Actually, the Neon fared better than the truck, it only (!) had $9500 in damage and I was able to drive it out of the middle of the road. The back half of the Tundra ended up in a dumpster - literally - on the property he was trying to pull into when he crossed the yellow line while texting. The family was all belted in, both airbags deployed. I bruised my knee and had mild burns on my forearms and nose from the airbag. My wife broke her foot from bracing against the floor. My son had some nasty raspberries from the belt on his shoulder and hits. My daughter didn't have a scratch. The other driver wasn't belted in and was ejected from the truck. He died at the scene. Just food for thought...
I totally agree with you... I don't wear it either if I am moving it from one place on my property to the other.....As far as your story goes I am really happy that you guys made out in a good way......Vehicles can be replaced........

By the way thanks for clarifying that for me....I didn't want to come across with a negative attitude or sound like I was preaching......It is all positive brother........

Take care and be safe.....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"

Last edited by Chunkem; 04-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.