Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 Crew Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
triadpc is on a distinguished road
Default Best advice to date

This is simply the best advice and tip that I've seen on here to date.

I had taken my RAM into the dealership previously for what I would consider "rough shifting" for the transmission and a "thud" sound coming from the rear end when coming to a stop.

Now, the truck is much more responsive running in "5" and with MDS turned "off", the transmission doesn't try to constantly "hunt" for a higher or lower gear. I also noticed less hesitation, but I'm curious to see how this will affect gas mileage (I currently only get around 14.5mpg in the city and 16 on the highway).

I read in another post that the "thud" noise I was hearing when coming to a complete stop was a known issue with the 32 gallon gas tank, where when full or almost full, the force of the gas in the tank causes a "thud" sound when you stop.

Now, this truck is finally living up to its hype (minus the advertised mpg), and coming from a previous 2x Nissan Titan owner, this says a lot.

Keep up the good word, Dodge/RAM, this truck is awesome. Superchips, if you're listening, we need a dang tuner for our 2011+ model year trucks.