View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

We're not talking apples to apples here,
You asked where I'm getting my TrueTrac

When I say I'm going to a "local shop" for ALL the parts/labor
I meant a specialty performance gear supplier/installer ...not a Dodge Dealer. Mopar is out of the question at this point for me.

I would be getting a non factory Detroit TrueTrac and likely Yukon Gear sets, 4.56's and master install kits, Front and Rear.

I have to have the same shop that supplies the parts to do the installation.

If there is a failure shortly after installing it all and I shear a couple teeth off the pinion, it gets into the helical gears of the TrueTrac.
There's a huge finger pointing session between the Gear supplier, Eaton (the TruTRack supplier) and the Shop that did the actual install,
if all three are sourced from different outlets.

I once blew a rear diff on a Jeep with Motive 4.56's and an ARB Air Locker.
Traced it what I thought was a weak pinion, sheared 3 teeth off. But try to prove it.....no way

Trouble was I bought the ARB from one supplier, the gears from another to save a few bucks, the install was a third shop.

All three would point to the other if I tried to get it repaired under warranty.

So I ended up getting all replacements ordered and installed from the same shop,
and they said if it breaks again within a year its ALL covered.
Same shop supplies and installs or not at all from now on, lesson learned.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 04-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.