View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddenton View Post
I looked at the alignment but is looked to be good. Should I just try to go a knock at a time and test drive?
No I wouldn't go a knock at a time just incase something happens.

How you can tell if it's adjusted or not is if you open the throttle all the way up and can still pull about 1/4" more on the transmission throttle valve cable and the lever on the transmission moves in sync will the pulling.

What you may try doing might need a helper or could just use a clamp is to disconnect the cable from the throttle body and then go under the truck and have someone hold the throttle lever in it's resting position or can use a clamp to do it, then go back to the throttle body and adjust the cable from their by pulling on the cable firmly and align the cable so the mounting post on the throttle body lever and the cable hook are aligned with each other.

I do a completely different method which is difficult to explain but I visually adjust the cable so when the accelerator is at WOT I can't pull the throttle lever on the transmission open however when the throttle is at idle the lever is closed all the way. This method requires a bit of patience and a eagle eye but the results are golden.