View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddenton View Post
I looked at the alignment but is looked to be good. Should I just try to go a knock at a time and test drive?
Oh also, the adjustment might look good but it certainly doesn't mean that it is, I can pretty much promise you on a vehicle 5 years or older the cable has stretched. This adjustment is crucial because the transmission uses it to actually determine what gear to actually be in of course the governor contributs alot in this as well but the governor really just sets shift points. Anyway's getting off track their, the throttle valve is used by the valve body to know when to downshift as well, for example if you're crusing 50 and you want to pass someone you can do a partial throttle and the transmission will shift from 4th to 3rd, if you were to floor the pedal it will do a 4th to 2nd downshift. However at highspeeds usually highway speeds the downshift will be 4-3 with a 4-2 occasionally depends on the speed and RPM you're driving at.

In some instances if you're driving really slow and just floor it the valve will downshift from 2nd to 1st then once the pressure from the governor builds up on the 1-2 shift valve you will shift into 2nd and take off like a rocket from their.