View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:243
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Chariot View Post
Alright this is the deal, I traded in an 05 Magnum RT on this 2011 QC Hemi 4x4 becuase my old hemi kicks ass and I ran it to 100k with little to no decrease in performance. I blew the doors off so many people in the maggie it was ridiculous. As a matter of fact nobody had ever beaten me on an Interstate on ramp pull in that car.

But the reaon why I am pissed is that there have been only 3 times in the last year when I have wanted to smoke someody, Each time I have not been able to pull on them.

First one was an 05 Accord with 3 fat dudes in it. Screw those guys!
Second was a 9 or 10 F150, def not an ecoboost or 5.0. Dead even...dammit!
Today was an 06 Sierra Denali pulling a ******* trailer with a welder on it. I could barely pass him.

Anyway, long story short I have not been able to pull away on anybody that i have tried to, and i have chosen my opponents wisely. Now I'm scared to run this truck against anybody. Boo! Th only thing I can find wrong with the truck is that it was built on a monday.

I dont mind 15 MPG but I want to be able to smoke ford and chevy...screw this!
what gears do you have? I'd recommend swapping to 4.10s or 4.56s but you are 4wd and it'll be pretty expensive. If you have 3.92s a swap to 4.10s would a big waste of money...go 4.56s. If you have 3.55s then I'd say make your decision based off of how much hwy driving you do or if you ever plan on getting a taller tire you def want 4.56s. I went from 3.55 to 4.10 b/c I drive 24 miles to work each day.

On the less expensive side would be the simple mods: CAI and exhaust.

I guess it depends on how bad you want to make some power. A PCM swap would enable you tune and then the doors really open...cam, forced induction, etc.