Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
Hex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraclid View Post
BTW, I feel your pain on the 32 gallon tank, dealer pulled some jedi mind tricks and I went for it

I love having it! I like having a little bit of extra range. It's not like having it is costing more money - the gas costs the same regardless, all that changes is the fill-up intervals. The effect of an extra 6 gallons of gas on your mileage (in terms of weight) is basically non-existent. Unfortunately, at $100.00 or so per tank, the gas every month is as much as the truck payment.

Best I can remember seeing is a little under 500 miles DTE. Not so much lately because a lot of the pumps around here cut you off at $100 and with the price of gas continuing to go up, that no longer fills the tank, so my DTE estimates after fill-up have gone down. Think the last time around it read 437. Used to be more like 473 (or more).
Don't get me wrong. I love having the extra gallons too. it makes a huge difference when I drive to Utah to see Family. From South Orange County to Vegas almost St. George on one tank is miraculous. But it does hurt to fill it up if I go past the 3/4 tank marker.

And the shut off at $100 is a pain in the ass considering it's usually $107 to fill it up from 3/4 tank.

Quote:
Right ! we got HEMI's not 4 banger Mini Coopers.. We get crap MPG.
This is ironic to me because I traded in a Mini Cooper for my Ram