View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Hate to say this but you may end up having to go back to diablo to get a custom tune to retard timing. I know you just switched to SC lol. Maybe you could run the 87 performance tune on 93 octane with the nitrous though or something like that, I'm not sure. 87 tune will have less timing advance than 93 tune so maybe you could get away with that....?

I agree with getting the colder heat range plugs, also I've read that nickel(IIRC) is not good to use with nitrous, it can for whatever reason cause piston damage. Something to do with the nickel coming off the plug and hitting the piston or something....I'll see if I can find where I read this. So I'd stick with the stock materials for plugs, but just a heat range colder.

BTW if you figure out what plugs would be correct for one heat range colder let me know, I can't find it...

You may want to start off with say a 50 shot then upgrade to a 100 shot later, since your new to it. That's what I'd do anyway. I believe you can buy a system that's capable of 100hp, then dial it down with smaller jets. Then later dial it back up with larger jets. I'm no expert though...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.