Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Hemipowered1 is on a distinguished road

But it will do it if you do not use cruse control because it takes a lot of manipulation of the gas petal to do it.

Hands down, I always fare better when using the cruise control. I can drive really conservatively and do pretty good (but never as well) with careful pedal management. Generally I find it too frustrating to keep doing it for long and the reward isn't worth the work to me. I am not a lead-foot kinda driver anyway, just like to have a lot of power if I need it. Cruise control should always be better because it is more consistent over time and pedal manipulation is your enemy. It's the reason why someone with a steady foot can drive a steady 65 mph on the highway and the person doing 65 mph on cruise control will leave them behind.

If I was driving on a long flat stretch I would us cruse control but you fair much better in hills not using it

My truck: Ram 1500 Outdoorsman crew cab, 5.7 L Hemi V8, 2WD, 3.92 gearing, "anti-slip" differential, 32 gal tank

That is one reason you fair so much better than me is because I have a 4x4 but out side of the Outdoorsman package mine is the same