Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Green / Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:26
jssmith76 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jssmith76 Send a message via Yahoo to jssmith76
Default '97 1500 Front 4x4 Hubs...

Ok, gotta replace both of my front hub assemblies. Drivers side has a lot of play, passenger and some play. Found this out when I went in to get my brakes serviced. Anyways, that brake shop said they would charge me $600 per hub, plus $120 to install both of them. I said thank you, but no thank you. They did say that if I go elsewhere to buy the parts, they'll still install them for the $120 quoted, so I might go back and have them install for that price though. Dunno.

Anyways, looking online and saw a couple different hubs at AutoZone for about the same price. One was a Timkin, the other was a Duralast. Just wanted to pick your all's brains as to what would prolly be the best for the buck that's out there. I do some light offroading, mudding, etc... Tow a trailer occasionally. Other than that, just everyday driving in the warm Arizona deserts.

If you have any insight, opinions, or anything else, let it fly. I want some good stuff to chew on before a drop a few hundred bucks on the parts.

Thanks,
Josh

33" Goodyear Wrangler's on 16x8 ProComp Xtreme Alloy 1869's; Spectre CAI, Flowmaster Super 40 Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, Firestone RideRite Air Bags, Grille Guard, Step Bars
Sponsored links