View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Rep:24
Vinman is on a distinguished road

Bummer to see these replies.... I have a 2011 and just upgraded to a 33ft Open Range new Trailer, Towed it home yesterday.

Short term the stock sport mirrors will have to do for the next month or so, but long term I need to do something becasue you cant see behind your rig at all. The stock mirrors do OK with seeing the next lane on either side, but distance of those other vehicles is hard to guage and bottom line.... I dont want to run someone off the road becasue I'M the moron that doesnt have proper mirrors.

I grew up with my grandfather putting on portable tow mirrors on the 1973 455 Buick Electra we used (he replaced that in 1985 with a 454 Suburban). I dont remember any issues with those portable mirrors, they seemed to work fine and we used them for many years. They were mounted on the front fender and clips went inside the hood and the bottom was connected to the inside of the front wheel well.

If anyone finds some portable ones, send the link please.

Thx
VinMan
65 El Camino 327 (grandfather bought new in 65')....
04 Volvo XC-90 Twin Turbo AWD (family vehicle)....