View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

OK guys, chiming in here....I had said before replying to another question about engine codes or something, my truck also had the annoying "Tick". Not long ago, truck was running a little strange at idle and at low RPMs. Truck would actually "surge" so to speak. Anyway eventually got an engine light (which normally would go away after truck being off for some time or by adding fresh fuel, go figure) Anyway, truck was running strange and engine light wouldnt go off this time....Took it down to auto parts house to run code tester on it...Code was P0406 or something like that, anyway had to do with egr return being to rich(or something of that nature, cant remember exactly) Decided, hell, EGR vlve is round 70 dollars or so from dodge, so why not replace it. Got a local mechanic in the town where I work (buisness slow for him, figured Id give him a bit of work) Asked him to replace the EGR for me and check the plugs (read somewhere that the code I ws receiving might be due to bad plugs indirectly) Well the mechanic advised me that he had worked on several of these engines and said that many times it was the return tube going back to the intake from the EGR that caused alot of codes, and not so much the EGR itself. Well, being I had the part already, I told him just swap it anyway, clean the tube he was referring to, and check the plugs. The result.....Plugs were fine, Changing the valve and cleaning the tube was an instant fix, like night & day...No more engine light, no more "surges". Happy as a lark now after feeling the new found power and throttle response, never bothered to notice the best thing about it all......NO MORE TICK!!! I don know if this is a fix it all problem for the Hemis, but in my case it worked

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded