View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:364
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

First I will say that I am not an expert, so--that said IMHO
1. How often do you wax your truck
2. What type of products do you use
3. Do you park in a garage
This is what I do and it seems to work for me--I always use a sealant first(usually Wolfgang 3.0). Then I put on a coat of Collinite 845 on top of the sealant. I do this because the sealant usually lasts for about 6 months where as most all waxes only last and protect for about 60 days. I am lucky enough to be able to park in a garage so the sealant and wax usually lasts a little longer on my truck. I also put the sealant and wax on about every 6 weeks(being retired gives me more free time LOL). I think if you have a good protective coat of wax and sealant on your truck it might reduce or even stop the etching problem you have.

Let me make one other suggestion--there is a web site called autopia.org that is a worldwide professional detailer site(it's free) that you can go to and ask your question or read some of the threads to see if someone has had similar problems and see if there is any suggested solutions. It is an excellent resource and full of great info about detailing and the products detailers use.
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 04-16-2012 at 12:52 PM.