View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I apologize for not looking at this thread for a while
I should have clarified my post about the upgrade that i had done, it was a different radio & the newest upgrade for it. It was also for a phone book omission.

I will tell you, do NOT interrupt any d/l, you could lock up your radio, i did

When you start your d/l, have both keys or FOBs near to you, if not on your person. 20 or 30 minutes doesn't seem like a long time to stay close to your vehicle during a d/l. I had to go inside my apartment during the process, my RAM was on the street with the FOB in the ignition & where i live people walk by quite often, 2 stores are just around the corner. Leaving the ignition on is like handing someone the key & saying it is all yours.
Any way i left the CD in the player, took out the key & i returned about 10 minutes later. I turned the key back on & intended to resume the d/l, the radio was in lockup, i tried getting the CD to eject. I tried playing with the key, pushing every button on the radio, opening the doors, closing the doors, same with the windows. nothing worked until i put the Climate Control into the mix, i played with the key, turned on the blower fan, hit some buttons & the CD ejected !!!
I restarted the d/l, with the spare Fob in my pocket, using the spare FOB i locked the doors & let it run its course. Live & Learn .....................
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle